Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Time flies... or does it?

FIVE months old.. no way! Could it be? Seems like yesterday I was a carefree Architect and we were desperately wishing for a baby. Then again it seems like a decade ago that I was actually practicing architecture ( I quit in March '08). How could that be? While one piece of my life seems like a time warp and the other seems..... well like a David Lynch film (I will leave it to the reader to determine which one is which) is one I can't figure out. I love staying home with the baby but I miss SOOO much the slavery of architecture and the agonizing torture of looking at how much I didn't make at the end of the pay period! It truly is a confusing world I have made for myself.

It hit home for me today when I was driving home from visiting WKMC Architects where I worked for a year. I hadn't been back since Brenden was born and at a lunch today for Krystal's birthday with Mallory (Krystal worked there before Kailani was born and Mallory still works there) it was brought up that maybe I should stop by and say hello to everyone. It was nice actually to walk in and say hi to coworkers - with the exception of one who shall remain nameless. That guy is a Tool of all Tools but alas we won't go into that one~ I saw the drawings on people's desk.. I saw the red lines of a manager with a critical eye to revise. I smelled the ink from the HP printer tirelessly spewing out drawing after drawing. Ahhh.. I felt at home.

Hopefully I will get back into the swing of things after the next move but with the economy looking the way it looks right now it may be a great time to chill with the baby for a few years. Having open ends is something that I have embraced being a Marine wife although it has taken me years to get to that point.

Here is a pic of Brenden and Kailani outside of Landry's where we had lunch. The weather was San Diego nice today without humidity.. ah something to be cherished. We leave Corpus next month without knowing today where we are going. Should make for an interesting November. Stay tuned!

No comments: