Thursday, October 9, 2008

First time at the beach!

The weather finally cooled off to 85 degrees with a lower humidity so today we decided to pack the dogs and baby up and head to the beach. We used to take the dogs each weekend and let 'em run loose up and down the beach while we walked a few miles up until I was 38 weeks pregnant. All that changed when we had the baby because the trusty Land Rover that we used to haul sandy, dirty dogs is a 1998 model with no airbags and a backseat that is too small for one dog to lay on let alone an infant car seat. I sucked it up and said we could all pile in my new(er) X3. Something that I have hesitated in doing (hey a girl has to have one nice thing in life, no?) With sheets and towels covering the leather, we were off!!

The great thing about the beaches in Corpus are: you have the place to yourself and the water is bath temperature. The bad things about the beaches here are: they are official roadways for cars/trucks to drive on them and people don't give a damn about trash on them so it's a real treat to see any and everything you can imagine laying there waiting for someone to give a damn and clean up. Sadly it doesn't happen though.

That said, we kept Brenden in the (new larger weight capacity) infant carrier and lathered him up with 50 SPF baby sunscreen and walked for a while. It was a great day~

On the left.... Me and B enjoying the sand and sea. Yes I am holding my aching back can you see how chunky his legs are?



Below.. Dave is really great about doing the self portrait picture of us but this was the first time we had a third image to think of...not bad though!
Alright Mr. DeMille I am ready for my close up....I promise he had more fun than what it looks like in the pic below. I think so at least?


Whoa whatta long day...it's nap time. I wish I could have the smell-a-vision on the blog to enlighten you all on how great the car smelled with wet, sandy, farty dogs in the car.. but I will let your imagination run wild with that one.

1 comment:

Jen said...

just can't get over how cute he is!! I want to pinch his cheeks!!! LOL Sounds like you all enjoyed the day at the beach!! YEAH!! :-)