Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oh the memories..


of Ocean Beach, California Oktoberfest. It's where David and I met for the first time and also the reason we gave Brenden his middle name of October - alright, we thought about spelling it with a 'k' but we thought he might be teased enough with the middle name of October so we went easy on him... how nice of us.
O.k now where were we?? Oh yes... David and I met there for the first time in 2003 and never looked back. It was a day to remember and a date that.. well.. lasted for two days!
What a great concept to have an Oktoberfest in a beach town. How much further can you get from the snow capped mountains of Bavaria? How about 70 degrees and sunshine? Yep sounds great to me! Really it's just another excuse to drink beer in Ocean Beach at 11:00 a.m but not feel like an alcoholic because it's under the guise of a festival. What a wonderful concept I must say. I miss that.

Oh yes...the world famous Sausage Toss ~ WOW ~ My personal favorite is the huge inflatable obstacle course that is melting hot on your skin when you try to slide down the thing. Jen, David and I all competed with one another that year with our shoes off half drunk on Heffeveisen -Ahhh yes good times indeed. Maybe next year? Are you in Jen?

1 comment:

Beth said...

Tag, you're it! Please visit my site for details.