Monday, October 20, 2008

Tag you are it!

I have been tagged by my friends Beth and Jen so now it's your turn y'all! The rules are shown above so read on. I also read on Beth's website that she added a rule from her niece's website that had her posting the fourth picture from the fourth folder in her Pictures folder. I took a gander at what I had and it's the image below. A nice professional picture done of my proud baby at Cuyamaca Community College in El Cajon, California. Quite smashing if I do say so myself but I have always been fond of that project.
Seven random/weird facts about myself:

1. I love the smell of paper especially newly printed paper in books or magazines. I think it started in elementary school when I used to love to smell the mimeographed sheets the teacher would hand out. Remember those? O.K O.K I am old to some people reading this (really at 38?? - I guess so..) The purple ink would smell awesome to me. I also love smelling laundry and gasoline - the old gasoline with lead in it. What can I say? Good thing I didn't get into 'huffing' as a kid!

2. If I were independently wealthy and didn't have to work, I would love to spend my time restoring vintage cars and traveling to odd places in the world. When I was a kid, I always wanted an MG Midget convertible in blue. I still do. Too bad they stopped making them in 1976.

3. For years my favorite color was blue but now it's green. Simple as that.

4. I am terribly allergic to mosquito/spider bites and bee stings. Living in Africa and South Texas has made me very aware of that special part of me.

5. When I went into college, I was going to go into Pre-Med and become an M.D. like my father. I soon realized I would be miserable doing that and not designing buildings. I consider myself lucky to have found out in my freshman year what I really did want to do for a living instead of changing majors multiple times.

6. France and Italy are my favorite places I have visited. So much culture and great food/wine. Fortunately for me, my parents took me there multiple times. Unfortunately for me, now I am grown up and would have to pay my own way which isn't going to happen anytime soon. Bummer.

7. Not a random or weird fact but I am so happy I met David and we were compatible. He completed my life. Cliche as it sounds - but nonetheless true.

I am supposed to tag seven random people but most of the followers of my blog have already been tagged except Krystal, and Nicolette The rest of the readers don't have blogs.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I loved reading your random facts. Although I knew most of them (hee hee), I hadn't thought about your smelling obsession (which is NOT limited to paper, btw) in quite a while. Oh, how I miss that! Sometimes I will imitate you smelling something but no one here gets it. So I have a little chuckle with myself.

Jen said...

I definitely loved reading your random facts too!! I was aware of your super sense of smell but not your obsession with paper.....interesting.

Nicolette Beaumont said...

Thanks for tagging me!

-Nicolette

Unknown said...

As your mother I pretty much knew the facts you posted except about the blue MG. Funny you should mention it because I, too, had a great fascination with MG's when I was in high school. I preferred the red ones though. Only the rich kids drove those in CA where I went to HS. Great remembering the smelling thing....Beth and I know just what you are talking about.