Sunday, November 9, 2008

Wings of Gold

On Friday we all piled into my car and drove one last time to Kingsville, TX for Dave's official (re)winging ceremony. His parents came into town from San Diego which was really nice. They dote on Brenden and are great babysitters! Thankfully Dave's Mom and Dad held Brenden during most of the ceremony which freed me up to take some pictures.
I do have to add that about 3/4 of the way through the ceremony, I looked down on the floor where Shirley was holding Brenden and saw a giant puddle of pee. Maybe him sucking down 13 oz. of formula on the way was a foreshadowing?? His outfit was soaked but magically Shirley came out unscathed. Pretty remarkable - I still don't know how that happened! Here is a pic of everyone after I (re)pinned Dave's wings on. Brenden was flirting with the ladies in the front row and making the whole audience laugh with his giant smiles. If one looks closely the evidence of the puddle incident can be seen on his left leg:

Below shows the wiley face of the baby who just created the slipping hazard on the hardwood flooring:

Here is a picture of all the Aviators and Dave's Dad Bill reading the Navy Flyer's Creed. His was a Naval Aviator so they asked him to read it at the ceremony which I thought was very cool.

Below is a picture I took last night before Dave went to the Marine Corps 233rd Birthday Ball. I stayed at home with his parents and Brenden. I think he looks smashing! Makes me want to watch my Top Gun DVD (I know Dave hates that movie)!

We are set to go to Cherry Point, North Carolina where Dave will train for Harrier jets and about nine months after that we will be going to Yuma, Arizona where he will join his squadron for three years. Adios Texas ~ it's been memorable!

1 comment:

Kailani Nicole said...

I'm so glad that Dave is finally done. But we are really going to miss you guys. Thanks for being such great friends. ALOHA