Wednesday, November 5, 2008

FET don't fail me now

It has been a long week and it's only Wednesday. Yesterday was a memorable day for more than the election but I will post more on that in a few weeks time.
Right now I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at what lies ahead in the next two weeks. We have our wedding anniversary today, Dave's parents coming into town today, the social evening with the Kingsville NAS Commodore tomorrow, Dave's winging ceremony and party on Friday, and Marine Corps Ball all by this Saturday. Above and beyond all of that, we should find out today where our next duty station will be and have to drive across country to said next duty station, find a place to live and fly back to Texas to pack the house up and move all within next week. YEP that is right ~ we have all of next week to finish up here.
I would say that will be a solid two weeks worth of FUN activities wouldn't you? Not that I am complaining mind you. It's just that my camper level isn't set on happy right now. More like tolerable but I am trying to not get caught up in the details. Yea, right. For those that know me well I am a very detail oriented person. I am an Architect for crying out loud. Things make perfect sense in my world. If they don't, they fall down. My brain doesn't do well with uncertainty you see. Such is the life of being in the military although they usually let you know what your next duty station is six months or so ahead of time giving a family some time to house hunt in another state and wrap things up at home. When one comes out of flight school though (even for the second time) you get to find out where you are going the day before you graduate. It brings a whole new meaning to the word suspense and patience.
I will post further about our madcap adventures in the next few weeks. Hang on tight and enjoy the ride!

No comments: