Friday, March 6, 2009

Dad is my Disneyland and misc updates

Not much new the last few weeks besides Brenden getting more and more mobile by the day. He can now stand for a few seconds on his own. We are enjoying the video camera a lot and catching some pretty funny stuff as seen here in these clips below. Dave is a natural at entertaining Brenden. I can't compete but that is more than o.k with me.

The laundry basket roller coaster:

The bottle game:
One step closer.....
As for Dave's work, he continues to practice learning to fly the Harrier jet on the simulator and will start to fly the actual jet soon. We are enjoying his ability to spend some time during the day with us. When we move to Arizona and he gets attached to a squadron there, the dreaded deployments will start and this time probably to Afghanistan. I feel so lucky to have had him here for two and a half years now without a deployment. Hopefully we will have one more year before it starts again.
The weather was very cold last week but has warmed up to 70 degrees. It's the weekend now and hopefully we will be able to get out and about. Apparently the summer's here in North Carolina can be as 'pleasant' as South Texas. Oh boy I can't wait! I am enjoying taking my digital SLR camera out and photographing the sites around here before the heat and humidity make life unpleasant. President Obama landed here on base last week in Air Force One and I caught the plane on the flight line.

Here is a shot outside our backdoor showing that Spring has sprung:
We took the auto ferry over to Minnesott Beach and Brenden loved it:
Our beach out our backdoor - makes exercising the pups easy:
It was really really cold here last week:

1 comment:

sandiegobliss said...

I could watch the bottle game video with Brenden and Dave all day.... if I am ever sad all I have to do is think of Brenden's laugh.... and I'll just grab a bottle of wine ;0)
ha ha luv & miss you
xoxoxoxo
pita