Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jen's visit to N.C.

During my friend Jen's visit this last weekend we decided to take a weekend trip to Wilmington, N.C. to see the historic homes in the downtown district (see earlier post of what happened at the house when I was away). Of course many pictures were taken by both of us - yes she actually loves to take more pictures than I do - so I am going to try my friend Beth's idea of putting a link to a slide show of the pictures. That way this post doesn't turn into an epically long one. The pictures are quite small so you can't see a lot of the detail but here goes anyway.....Enjoy:



The next day we went to the Oakdale Cemetery ~ very cool cemetery designed to have a garden type feel to it. Pleasant to be in. A lot of Civil War era tombstones. It was a rainy day which adds to the ambiance of the pictures. I think they turned out pretty well:

3 comments:

Elle Charlie said...

Thanks for sharing - love the photos!

Elle Charlie said...

The cemetery ones are so cool - really great feeling to them - very bleak and rainy and historical seeming.

Jen said...

GREAT photos Christine!! I am working on mine!!!