Friday, February 20, 2009

A parental visit and The Cute's nine month stats

Haven't posted in a few weeks. Things have been busy! Dave's parents came for a visit over President's Day weekend and we got to show them around the pretty Crystal Coast. I wish we lived closer to both his parents and my parents. They are such an invaluable part of our lives. After next year when we move to Arizona, we will all be closer to them and our friends. I can't wait! In the mean time we are really enjoying North Carolina. It is so pretty here and of course the million dollar view from our (small) home is breathtaking. I am so lucky to get up every morning and watch the sunrise over the water and let the dogs run free on the private beach. This base housing is tops! Below is a pic I snapped of the sunset while Dave's parents were here. His Mom liked this one so I thought I would put it up. The horizon line of sky and ocean melt into one another. The sunset isn't that spectacular but the water had turned so still that it looked like ice:
The Slay's at Fort Macon:
Brenden at Fort Macon.. he gets so serious when we put him the the stroller:
At the aquarium:


On another note, Brenden had his nine month well baby check a few weeks ago. His stats are:
Weight - 24 lbs 12 oz. 95-98 percentile
Height - 30 1/4" 90-95 percentile
Head - didn't write it down but in the 90-95 percentile

Hey at least he has dropped down under the 100 percentile mark! A big boy no doubt. We are in the tail end of 18 month clothing size and starting the 24 month size. I didn't think we would zoom through so many clothes in 9 months! I have tubs full of wonderful cute clothes for him that he barely wore. I guess that is just a part of it. He is almost walking now and loves pushing buttons - the literal ones and not mine - yet. In fact his favorite are pushing the DVR on/off button and the phone talk button! Don't be surprised if he speed dials some of you and there is nothing on the other end of the line when you say hello. How thoughtful of him, right? Let the fun begin!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I LOVE the sunset photo....gorgeous!! Nice shot! Brenden does look serious in the stroller...what's up with that?