Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The new digs in Cherry Point, N.C

We made it! We made it! The house is still full of boxes from the move and we are still trying to get used to the smaller house. Turns out trying to care for a sick baby and being sick myself for two weeks now has proven challenging for mustering the energy required to unpack an entire household. Things are looking up though and we are making headway with getting organized.
There should be enough room for all of our things if we are very creative.
The view from the house is spectacular which softens the blow of the size somewhat. It's a water view on three sides. I can't wait for you all to come and visit us - we can sit out in the yard with margaritas looking out at the ocean. There are no fences to denote the yards which is a pain with two big dogs but there is a lot of acreage out here to roam around. Here are some pictures (I brought out the 'big guns' SLR camera to get better shots but the day is sort of dreary - you get the idea though). The picture at the top of the blog is out our back yard. It's also the beautiful view out of my office window that I am looking at as I type this. A big improvement over what we had in Corpus Christi, TX.

Steps from our backyard to the water and sand:

Here is the side yard which is also the neighbors front yard. He is a Colonel with an awesome house:
View out our front yard with sandy area:
Cozy casa Slay:

4 comments:

Linda said...

What a wonderful view! Makes up for the coziness I hope. Any idea how long you'll be there? (If you've already said that elsewhere, please forgive my short memory.)
xoxo

Kailani Nicole said...

A lot better than Corpus

Leslee Jarman said...

Beautiful views.... I see a doggy looking out the window waiting for you! Hope you're feeling better soon...

xoxo les

Elle Charlie said...

What an amazing view - it looks like such a calming place to live! I hope you come to truly love your new home - congrats!