Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Utah's Hogle Zoo

Going to the zoo was always a favorite of mine as a kid. My first job actually was at Hogle Zoo at age fifteen. I worked in the concessions and pretty much hated the job except I loved watching the animals on my break and lunch. I worked there for two summers and hadn't been back since. Fortunately they have done some upgrading in the twenty years since but it was pretty much the same zoo as I remembered. We went with the whole family and my two great friends and their kids. Big crowd but we had a lot of fun!

This is the same train they had when I was a kid. Durable little thing! They had these lion drinking fountains there when I was a kid:
Brenden wasn't so sure about the carousel:The whole gang.. I couldn't believe we got this shot of everyone!

No comments: