Saturday, January 17, 2009

I knew this day would come.....

.....where we would have to baby proof the house. I was just hoping it would be later rather than sooner. A few posts ago I posted that Brenden was starting to crawl. A few days after that (literally)he stood up on his own grabbing onto the coffee table. In just two weeks time he went from being immobile to crawling to now standing. I guess I thought we would have a little bit more than a few days in between to put things like power cords and lamps in a place where he couldn't grab them. Very detail oriented this boy - he sees a speck on the carpet from a room away and goes for it!
As for the baby proofing, we don't exactly have traditional furniture that one can easily pad. Our coffee table is an architectural flat file with a 1/2" thick glass top that freely slides around. I ended up wrapping it up like a big present with one of the moving blankets the movers left us. Not exactly ideal but we shall see. The other option is to put away what we just spent four weeks unpacking and organizing and letting the lad run around an empty house.
Brenden's favorite thing now is to stand up in his crib and walk around. We lowered the mattress to the lowest setting with my back thanking me on a daily basis. Here is a video clip showing the enthusiasm he has for the crib rails:

Strong boy


and the big grin he gave me after filming him.. what a ham!

I had to put this picture up beause it cracks me up. He loves my old laptop as you can see - oh and also check out my coffee table wrapping job~
I think he will be walking by nine months.. help us all!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow! That was a fast transition! Sounds like he will be walking before 1 year! He is SUCH a HAM!! I love it!! :-) Can't wait to spend time with him in person!! I love the little videos you post....so cute!!