Sunday, September 7, 2008

Laaaaaaides and Geeeentlemen... the one... the only....

.....activity to do in Corpus Christi!! TA DA!!! The Texas State Aquarium folks! Step right up and see the wonderful sea creatures that are native to the coastal bend area!! Yes that's right, for the mere price of $13.50 (military price) per person you too can walk to maze of exhibits and be thankful you are in air conditioning and not sweating your a$$ off in the miserable Texas heat! Whatta deal!!

OK OK, there are a few more things to do in Corpus Christi but not many (see other posts about how BORING it is to live here) like the U.S.S. Lexington - a WWII aircraft carrier. Don't worry though, I was able to capture that in the background of my photos so you actually get two for the price of one on this blog. Lucky you!

The Aquarium is a nice, modern facility and Brenden loved (as much as a four month old can love) looking at the fish swimming about. More importantly it got us out as a family to see some sunshine and stretch our legs...

I wish I could duplicate the above shark tank shown in the pic above for Brenden's bedroom.. what a sleep soother that would be. He will have to make do with the Fisher Price Rain forest aquarium that Nanna Slay bought him which he loves!!

......Alright so he likes looking at the water more than the fish... whatever it was worked to make him happy!
I have been getting 'suggestions' from friends that I actually post pictures of me and Brenden - so the picture above is one Dave took of us with me protesting the whole time - because that's the way I am. Not that I don't want pictures of me and Brenden but feel much more comfortable behind the lens. I love to take pictures!

I told you that I wouldn't disappoint you by not showing you the U.S.S Lexington aircraft carrier as seen in the background. It's actually pretty cool to do a tour of it - I did that when my parents visited at New Years and I was impressed. I can't imagine spending 7 months on a ship like that. I do admire people that can (insert name of husband here!)

There you have it! CC Texas in a nutshell. I love the people of Texas but I am glad we are moving out of here next month to greener (and cooler) pastures of the USA.

1 comment:

Jen said...

It is definitely about time we see pics of YOU and Brenden!! Cute post!! I'm glad you were able to go and enjoy it as a family!!